An Independent Security Consulting and Design firm
Division 28 Consulting LLC An Independent security Consulting and Design Firm 916.716.0782
At Division 28 we believe that securing students in schools is possible. If all dollars had a value toward the four concepts of security then security can be achieved. The four principles of security are DETER – DETECT – DELAY – RESPOND. All four of these have to be addressed to achieve security.
Division 28 provides specific packages of consulting services to schools to assist them in achieving student security. These packages are:
School Security Assessment Package
-This package includes a physical security assessment that identifies:
oMost likely threat
oVulnerabilities in the school campus, operational flow, and security measures
oSchool Security Audit to the four principles of security
oA list of recommended security enhancements to mitigate the identified
oAn outline of a Physical Security Program for Schools customized to your specific school
School Security Audit Package
-This package includes a Physical Security Audit against the four principles of security
oThe deliverable of this package is the rating of each principle:
·Are there measures in place that provide deterrence of criminal activity?
·Measurements are 1-10 points for deterrence
·Are there detection items that trigger an event is occurring or is about to occur?
·Measurements are 1-25 points for detection
·Are there delay measures built into to contain or slow the progress of an event down?
·Measurements are 1-35 points for delay
·Do you have an adequate response?
·Measurements are 1-30 points for adequate response
Call us today and find out how well your students are protected.
For Architects we provide several different levels of services. We are experts at providing the following services:
- Division 28 Specifications
- Division 28 to Division 8 collaboration and interpretation
- Full phase design services through Schematic, Conceptual, Design, and Construction Documentation Development for Division 28 disciplines except Fire Alarm.
- Expert at Secured Entries for Educational facilities including K-12 schools and Higher Education campuses.
- Gap and Needs Assessments
- Peer Design Review Services for flow and security related topics
- Submittal Review
- We follow Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) design principles
Owners / End Users
We have provided expert security consulting and design services for a multitude of different clients and end users. Among the services we offer to end user and Owners are:
- Owner's Representation services when you just need somebody to handle the security project(s)
- Full Request for Proposal (RFP) or Request for Qualifications (RFP) generation and handling
- Product shootouts where we bring in several different manufacturers of a particular product like video or access control and let the client inspect them all before making a final choice for product selection
- Assessments including Vulnerability, Risk, Security, and GAP assessments
- Peer design review for all things security related
-Security Program Creation and/or Enhancement
- Electrified Locking Hardware interpretation
We have experience providing subcontractor design services to Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Engineering companies. Our role has been from a subcontractor design the security portions and passing those along to be included in the technology set to providing specific design related services required to coordinate low voltage systems. The services we offer to MEP Engineers are:
- Division 28 (Except Fire Alarm) specification and drawing creation for all phases of a construction project
- Subcontractor design services for Division 28 (Except Fire Alarm) related systems
- Peer design review for Division 28 related systems (Except Fire Alarm)
- Door Locking Hardware interpretation and collaboration
Due to our long tenure in the security industry we have provided, and continue to provide, load sharing or specific discipline consulting services to other consultants including Technology, Peer Security, and other type consultants. For Other Consultants we provide the following services:
- Peer Design Review
- Electrified Locking Hardware interpretation and collaboration
- Low Voltage systems sequencing in schedule review activities
- Full phase Division 28 (Except Fire Alarm) design services as a subcontractor or team partner
- Hourly assistance as needed for Division 28 related systems (Except Fire Alarm)
For Government Clients we have provided several different security related consulting and design services. These services include:
- Expert staff extension related to physical security systems, policies, or procedures
Charlie has been involved in Critical Infrastructure related agencies, companies, and Districts for the last 14 years. We define Critical Infrastructure as those types of companies listed in the Federal Department of Homeland Security's National Infrastructure Protection Plan (NIPP). For a list of those services click here .The services we offer to Critical Infrastructure clients are as follows:
- Security Consulting services including Assessments, Policy writing, Procedure writing, Implementation Planning for security system creation, enhancement, or conversion.
-Security Design Services including writing bid documents, peer design reviews, and construction administration for security related systems.